Home Forums Main Forum Introductions 22 years old SM

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin Seth 3 years ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mostafa25
    mostafa25

i went to two psychiatrists but not because of SM. at that time my family was concerned because i didn’t have good grades so they sent me to them. i tend to reflect a lot about it and i improved a little bit… but everytime i go to college i go back to being silent

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Hi Mostafa. Glad to see you here =]

I also didn’t talk in school starting in preschool, all the way up to 11th grade. Have you ever tried getting some outside help?

-Seth

mostafa25

i went to two psychiatrists but not because of SM. at that time my family was concerned because i didn’t have good grades so they sent me to them. i tend to reflect a lot about it and i improved a little bit… but everytime i go to college i go back to being silent

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Do you have to talk a lot in college? Just speaking from my experience, I could probably get by at college without talking at all. There’s less expectation to, unless you are taking a class that makes you do a lot of presentations and stuff.

mostafa25

Not much but I tend to participate a lot. The problem arises when I feel some collegues won’t even talk to me.then I feel trapped because even if I tried to talk I won’t get a good interaction from their part… As if they become mute.

Profile photo of iann09
    iann09

hello… I’m new to this site… I found this site when I was reading the meaning of selective mutism at wikipedia.. i was surfing the net in search for a help to my condition till I found the term selective mutism.. and by reading the meaning of it I somehow diagnose my self having this seletive mutism. Its been years that I struggle in this kind of condition.. and it’s just today that I came to know about what it’s called. This would be a very long story if I continue to tell how I struggled all my life about this condition. I’m from Philippines and currently working as a seafarer onboard international seagoing vessels.

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Hi Iann. It is a good step forward to finally find out what you are dealing with. We would be happy to listen to your long story if you would like to share it. =]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.