Home Forums Main Forum General Adults Living with SM

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin Seth 1 year, 4 months ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of unpretty125
    unpretty125
    Participant

Thanks. 🙂 I just want to volunteer somewhere anywhere. but the actress part. that might would help with my sm/sad. Too bad they didnt have acting classes back in 80’s. :-/

Quote:
    Quote from jenny on November 13, 2011, 12:28
    Volunteering is a great way to get job experience and something to put on your resumes. People rarely turn down free help.
    “Unpretty,” are you still interested in being an actress? If you have a community theatre in your area, you might volunteer to help. There is often a need for people to work in costumes or props or lighting or even to move props in-between scenes. There may even be scenes that need extras in the background that don’t have to speak. Never give up on a dream.
    Non-profits are good sources to get involved – Red Cross, Salvation Army, Special Olympics, shelters for the homeless or abused, literacy programs, church childcare – the possibilities are endless.
    unpretty125
    Participant

I was wondering about this for a long time. Does anyone else with SM have any fears of getting trouble with their parents if they do something they know they are not supposed to do and they do it anyway. Do people with SM always fear that they will get in trouble if they call on the phone to someone they hardly know out of the blue?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of unpretty125 unpretty125.
    unpretty125
    Participant

Please tell me everyone else with SM has fears like this. I don’t want to be alone in this.

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

I did have a fear of getting in trouble too. Also, I grew up in a religious household, so I was scared of committing a sin or that God would punish me. Most of the time they were inane things, but sometimes serious haha. When I realized that nothing bad would happen if I misbehaved, I started to do it more and more because I liked the freedom I felt when I stole the teacher’s markers or didn’t pray before eating a meal for example. I became sort of rebellious in that way.

As far as the phone thing goes, I do have trouble talking on the phone in front of others. What kind of relationship do you have with your parents? What would they do if you “got in trouble”?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.