Home Forums Main Forum Introductions Im 51 year old with SM and in need of help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of unpretty125 unpretty125 1 year, 9 months ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of angelique
    angelique

I had an appt today with a clinical psychologist at Community mental health, what a disaster! I already had a bad morning, I tried to go out as part of my rehabilitation and do my 30 minute walk and a guy rode his bike straight at me, I had to grab the handle bars to stop him hitting me but in doing so aggravated my injuries from my accident last year so am now in more pain. Anyway this afternoon I went to Community Mental Health, firstly it was the wrong time it was busy heaps of ppl waiting I started to go into panic, I waited 15 minutes before I collasped unable to stand up, the psyc then came straight away and took me into a room closed the door when I had already instructed her not to close the door, as soon as I sat down she demanded that I would have to talk, that I couldn’t have therapy if I didn’t talk, there I was I hadn’t even been able to make eye contact with her was just coming down from a panic attack and she launched straight into demanding I will have to talk, she then accused me of having spoken with another staff member with whom I have never spoken a word to. With that I grabbed the report I had brought along for her to see and walked out.

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Hi Angelique,

That’s such a horrible situation you are in =[

I know it must seem hopeless, but the only thing you can do is to keep trying. No matter what profession they are in, nobody should treat you without respect. Understanding and patience must be a prerequisite for being an SM professional, especially. Maybe you could try looking for a private practice who have dealt with SM before? It’s true that the public health system is inefficient and bogged down with admin & bureaucracy. But there may be some nicer SM professionals who you could scope out through the internet first.

I hope you find what you need soon. If you need to talk to someone, feel free to come back here whenever you want.

-Seth

Profile photo of angelique
    angelique

I had an appt today with a clinical psychologist at Community mental health, what a disaster! I already had a bad morning, I tried to go out as part of my rehabilitation and do my 30 minute walk and a guy rode his bike straight at me, I had to grab the handle bars to stop him hitting me but in doing so aggravated my injuries from my accident last year so am now in more pain. Anyway this afternoon I went to Community Mental Health, firstly it was the wrong time it was busy heaps of ppl waiting I started to go into panic, I waited 15 minutes before I collasped unable to stand up, the psyc then came straight away and took me into a room closed the door when I had already instructed her not to close the door, as soon as I sat down she demanded that I would have to talk, that I couldn’t have therapy if I didn’t talk, there I was I hadn’t even been able to make eye contact with her was just coming down from a panic attack and she launched straight into demanding I will have to talk, she then accused me of having spoken with another staff member with whom I have never spoken a word to. With that I grabbed the report I had brought along for her to see and walked out.

Profile photo of marcjohng
    marcjohng

Don’t you have a family? A husband and kids??

Profile photo of angeliquenz1
    angeliquenz1

My family have ostrasized me several years ago after i left my violent husband.

Profile photo of marcjohng
    marcjohng

Aw that’s really a tough situation. Why did they do that? It’s your husband who committed a wrong doing…

Profile photo of unpretty125
    unpretty125
    Participant

I am wondering… How can an individual with SM have a husband/wife and kids when it’s hard for them to talk? Wouldn’t they get in trouble with their parents/or relatives if they even married or moved in with somebody? Does anyone else with SM have any fears that they will get in trouble with parents/ or other relatives?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.