Home Forums Main Forum Introductions Its been a long road…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of windflower windflower 5 years, 8 months ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jnichole
    jnichole

Hi everyone.
    Just thought I’d stop by an introduce myself. About me, I’m 18 & in college. Just recently moved out of my mom’s house and the world has never been any more confusing to me than it is now.

I’ve grown up in vegas since the age of 2, and I’ve had the chance to run into a wide variety of people. The only issue is, is that I have always been the “shy” one. However, I’m not shy. I’m actually pretty goofy around the people I’m comfortable with. My issue is raw silence that I can’t seem to control yet.

I’ve spent many, many years trying to pry myself out of this “cage”. Despite the enthusiasm I can show through modeling and writing, the words formulate but they feel as if they’re being stopped in my chest by some type of blockade. School was abysmal, to put it lightly, so I’m giving it another try now that I’m in college. There’s a lot more to me but that’s neither here nor there.

Finally on my own, I’m learning everyday how to cope with different situations and the fear each one emits, provoking my silence. And while it’s been a long road to get to where I’m at, I’m just now take the first steps to the rest of my life.
    Cheers to whatever comes next I guess πŸ˜‰

Well I guess this is where I end the intro. It’s more than I could have ever said in person anyways lol

-J

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Hey Jessica, thanks for the introduction! 18 is a very confusing age whether you are shy or not, hah. It sounds like you have a great outlook on life in general, a sort of “if I fall, I’ll just get up again and see what life throws at me next” attitude, and that will get you very far. It sounds like you had a bad time in high school. I did too haha, but looking back I met a lot of fantastic people and had some great experiences that I wouldn’t trade for anything.

I am confident that you’ll free yourself from the “cage” and fly, and be the person you always have been. (And a great place to do that is in college). =]

-Seth

Profile photo of windflower
    windflower

Hi J- Nice to meet you πŸ™‚

I can only imagine growing up in Vegas, I bet you have a lot of stories to tell. I was going to tell you how great your writing was and then I realized you ARE a writer, so, there you go. I wish I would’ve been doing as well as you when I was 18 – already having a career (or two) and all. Plus going to school – wow. I know the pain of SM, but at the rate you’re going, I bet you’ll find a way to overcome it.

Thank you for sharing your story. Hope to hear more from you. πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.