Home Forums Main Forum General public toilets

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marcjohng marcjohng 5 years, 11 months ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bananananana88
    bananananana88
    Keymaster

i am afraid to go to the bathroom at school. sometimes i wake up late for school so i don’t get to go at home coz i can’t be late for 1st period. if theres anyone in there already i can’t go and if theres not i’m scared someone will walk in. is this normal?

Profile photo of brittney
    brittney

My little girl does this. She will not ask the teacher to go potty. As soon as she gets off the bus, she will run straight to the toilet.

I don’t know if it is the same with all sm kids. But couldn’t you go during class when everyone else is in class?

Profile photo of bananananana88
    bananananana88
    Keymaster

someone could still walk in and i couldn’t just ask my teacher ether.
    still theres a secret adults only toilet on the upstairs that nobody uses. i just go use that one 🙂

Profile photo of kelly
    kelly

I was diagnosed with SM aged 11 and it was the same for me at school, I was terriefied to go to the toilet at school if there was anyone else in there and used to hold it in all day. If I got desperate and simply had to go and someone walked in whilst I was there I would sit in the cubicle and wait for them to leave. I agree it would be ideal to go during classtimes when the toilets are empty, but the worst thing about that would be having to walk into the class late and have everyone’s attention on you!! It does get easier, I promise. It’s just a question of building up your confidence and realising that it’s not as scary as you thought. Once you get into the habit of doing it it becomes easier and easier until you wonder what you was worrying about 🙂 I’m 25 now and I do still hate it if there’s people there when I’m using the loo but sometimes it just can’t be avoided. I just have to remind myself that there’s nothing to worry about.. Talking to people is the big scary bit, once you can do that you can do anything! :):) Hang in there xx

Profile photo of sweetkaye76
    sweetkaye76

I’m 34. To this day I cannot use a public toilet, no matter what. I would be too scared to ask the teachers, regardless of how old I was. I went before I left and went when I got home. I had 4 accidents when I was in Kinder, 1st and 2nd grades. I never even said I had one. Just put on my coat and slid in my chair and got on the bus. Even now as an adult, I have a bathroom in our master bedroom. I lock our bedroom door, then lock the bathroom door to go. I even kick my poor husband out of the bedroom.

Profile photo of marcjohng
    marcjohng
    Quote:
    Quote from brittney on May 15, 2011, 16:49
    My little girl does this. She will not ask the teacher to go potty. As soon as she gets off the bus, she will run straight to the toilet.

I don’t know if it is the same with all sm kids. But couldn’t you go during class when everyone else is in class?

Oh my God that was definitely me in my kindergarten time!!!! Everytime I want to pee, I REALLY CAN’T UTTER EVEN A SINGLE WORD to ask permission from my teacher to go to the bathroom!! I even PEED INSIDE THE CLASSROOM because of that!!! My classmates suddenly were all laughing at me!! I think it was 2 times in my entire kindergarten time that I PEED in the classroom! The first one is when I was sitting in my armchair and I finally can’t help but to release the urine that was filling up my bladder. The second one is ACTUALLY FUNNIER because I FINALLY stood up and asked my teacher but RIGHT WHEN I FINALLY STOOD UP and ASKED her, I suddenly felt the urine flowing down on my legs! HAHAHA!! 😀 Then there’s another set of cheers and laughs came from my classmates. .

NOW I KNOW THAT IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF SELECTIVE MUTISM!! grrr. .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.