Home Forums Main Forum Introductions Recovery or no?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cam Cam 2 years, 9 months ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of capnkay
    capnkay

I’m 15 and I’ve had SM for about a year and a half. At first I wanted to recovery and overcome it. And I was doing good, But now that school is about to start again (there’s a bunch of incoming freshmen who hate me) I’m not really sure I want to recover.
    I literally just want to learn and not be with any drama or people you know?
    What do you think I should do? 😕

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Wow, I remember when I was 15. High school was very tough, especially if you were slightly different in any way. I think it will be very easy for you to just sit quietly in your comfort zone. But it will also be very hard to know that you could be doing better.

Just because people talk to each other doesn’t mean they are creating drama. You can interact with only the people you choose to who are nice and drama-free. And high school is a lot easier with the support of a friend or two, even if you don’t talk to them all the time.

I’d say definitely try to be proactive and take steps toward overcoming SM because it will pay off in the long run.

Profile photo of julie
    julie
    Participant

Yes use your time wisely and make the most of every opportunity to recover so SM doesn’t hinder you so much in adulthood. This doesn’t mean you have to get involved in drama. Unfortunately there are also people in the adult world who create drama too, and SM people are generally nice and sensitive so we need to learn to deal with these people too, whilst still making progress towards talking.

Profile photo of Cam
    Cam
    Participant

I’m 17, and I dunno. I’m totally okay with not talking to those I’m not friends with. I have a whiteboard if a teacher asks me a question, and can sign very simple things. It just sorta feels unnecessary, you know? If you have a few friends you’re verbal around, that’s really all you need.

Just my opinion, by no means am I a professional. I just don’t like the whole mindset of all differences must be cured.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.