Home Forums Main Forum Introductions So hey everyone

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin Seth 3 years, 3 months ago.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/scardew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-category-excluder/ultimate-category-excluder.php on line 155
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m Summer and obviously a selective mute. I’m seventeen and home schooled now, not because of it, but it has encouraged me to really immerse myself in being a SM, thus I can wholeheartedly say I do not want recovery.

It really was just an off and on thing — so my parents and sister don’t understand it and usually take it personally [they think it’s just me being.. I don’t know.. teenager-y? :?] Anyway.. the only reason they don’t notice it is because I had no problem talking to them [they have just always assumed I’m introverted] and because I made them put me in home schooling, I haven’t had to put myself in any situations that worsen / point out my SM…

It is really hard being surrounded by “voicers” [what I call people who talk normally], especially when they don’t understand, and think that this is coming from, seemingly, no where. I have no idea how to communicate to them what’s going on when it’s become impossible, like overnight, for me to even talk to them now.

So yeah, I honestly feel like it is a part of who I am, and I wouldn’t change it for the world 🙂 sorry for rambling, but that is me and the end of my little story lol!

Profile photo of admin
    Seth
    Keymaster

Hi Summer =]

Thanks for sharing your story. I remember being seventeen. That was a tough time for me because of high school, sm and general teenager-y stuff, haha. I don’t know anyone else who is homeschooled. What are you planning on after graduating?

-Seth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.